Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life has gotten in the way.

Hey there all you wonderful people out in blogland!  I've missed you.  Last night we had our first backyard bonfire of the season.  It was wonderfully warm during the day, I went to the park with the kids twice and then had a great time with friends and wild children over in the evening.  We ate fantastically unhealthy food and way too many smore's.  It was so good to enjoy the outdoors with our friends.  I can't get enough of the dirty children running around staying up too late laughing hysterically with each other.  

But several weeks ago, one of my very close friends suffered a terrible tragedy.  She lost a much wanted little baby girl and we nearly lost her in the process.  She need about 3 people's worth of blood to get her through and ended up with a hysterectomy at the end of it all.  It was seriously  scary.  While she has physically recovered with an amazing quickness, all of our hearts are still heavy with loss. 

It's easy to see how words have escaped me during this time.  I hope to have more interesting tidbits and fantastic featured artists in the near future!  I certainly have enough of them running around in my head just waiting to be shared.  

So please give your loved ones, be they friends or family, a big squeeze and remember to appreciate them.  And if it works for you, send my friend some love in your own special way.  Thanks everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Major (((HUGS))) to you and your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your friend is doing better, that is such a tragically painful situation.

    I stopped by to let you know that you've gained a mention on the Blogfire Guild blog - an award for having a lovely blog. http://blogfireguild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete